Ceramic Tile Flooring
From the public baths of ancient Pompeii to the homes of wealthy Anatolians, ceramic tiles were used to create beautiful personal and public spaces. The fact that many of these works from ancient civilizations survive today is a tribute to the incredible durability of ceramic tile as well as to its versatility as an art form. Ceramic tiles are incredibly sturdy and will perform better and last longer than any other flooring surface.
Contemporary Meets Classic
Using modern technologies, tile manufacturers can now create the most incredible array of shades, finishes, and shapes imaginable. But they haven’t forgotten old school tiles, either. Terracotta and other natural, unglazed finishes are still available.
Ceramic tiles are usually rated for durability if you have any questions about where particular tiles should be used. They can be rated practical for wall installations, light traffic, medium foot traffic, and even high traffic for more industrial applications.
The Benefits of Ceramic Tile
It’s easy to fall in love with a high-quality ceramic tile floor. This type of flooring makes your life easier, adds to the charm of any room, and lasts ages. Here are some of our favorite benefits:
- Cleanliness – Ceramic tile is environmentally friendly, uses natural materials, and does not retain odors, allergens, or bacteria.
- Versatility – There are an almost unlimited variations of colors, sizes, styles, shapes, and textures.
- Fire Resistance – It doesn’t burn or emit toxic fumes, and hot kitchen pots can’t melt or even scorch the surface of glazed ceramic tile.
- Water Resistance – With few exceptions, glazed ceramics have a dense structure that admits little or no moisture.
- Durability— Ceramic tiles are incredibly durable and are intended to last for a lifetime. Resistant to stains, heat, and cracking, they are easy to clean and maintain.
These benefits make tile a great choice for any homeowner in Wichita, KS. Families love it. Couples love it. Interior designers love it. If you’re looking for an all-around amazing design option with styles for any budget, then you’ve found the right option.
A Limitless Variety of Ceramic Tile Options
There are many different kinds of tile available. You can select different sizes, designs, colors, and other details to create your dream kitchen or bathroom. Here’s what you need to know:
- Glazed — Glazed ceramic tiles are coated with glass-forming minerals and ceramic stains. They come in matte, semi-gloss, or high-gloss finishes. Glazed tile offers better stain and moisture resistance than unglazed and are available in hundreds of different shades.
- Unglazed — Unglazed ceramic tiles are harder and denser than glazed ceramic ones. Unglazed ceramic tiles take their color strictly from pigments present in the clay from which they are made, without any color added. They work well outdoors, and they have excellent slip resistance.
- Porcelain — Porcelain tile is 50% feldspar and is harder than other tiles. Porcelain can stand up to heavy use and is perfect for indoor and outdoor applications. It has built-in stain resistance and very low water resistance.
- Stone — Some time ago, consumers demanded less expensive ceramic tile that emulated stone. Manufacturers complied. The most popular styles are travertine(a form of limestone deposited by mineral springs, especially hot springs) and marble.
- Specials — Ceramic tiles are also available in decorative inserts, mosaics (tiles 2”x2” or smaller), medallions, and patterned borders.
Still not sure what type of ceramic tile is right for your home? We can answer your questions, helping you make a great decision for your family and lifestyle. We also take care of ceramic tile installation, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
From open-air terraces in Crete to rustic Italian kitchens, Mediterranean homes are famous for their ceramic tile flooring. This European flair isn’t a coincidence. Ceramic tile’s birthplace was ancient Egypt around 4,700 BCE. Tile spread westward from the Middle East, and mosaic flooring and wall panels were already popular in Europe by the 11th century.
Throughout their history, ceramic tiles have essentially been made the same way. Clay is shaped and dried, then fired in a kiln at very hot temperatures.
Tile gives you endless possibilities for adding style, color, and emotion to the home. Some tiles are vibrant and luxurious, while others feel more intimate and inviting. Whatever kind of design vision you have in mind, we’ve got the right ceramic tile for a perfect fit.
Bright and Spacious Interior Design
Give your home a brighter feel with shiny ceramic tile. Tile flooring makes any room feel more spacious and relaxing. The ideal small-space solution is at your fingertips.
Leave your guests breathless with ceramic kitchen tile in deep hues. Create a stunning color profile by matching floor tile, backsplashes, and wall accents. Country kitchen or French bistro — it’s your choice.
Unwind in a space that feels truly heavenly with elegant ceramic tiles. Treat yourself to opulence with the incredible finishing touches for interior design. Men and women can find ceramic tile styles that speak to their personality, including modern shower tiles.
Gorgeous Outdoor Spaces
Outdoor living areas are perfect for ceramic tile. Outdoor tiles have non-skid finishes and very low water absorption rates to minimize cracking, chipping, etc. Have fun with family and friends with an amazing patio, outdoor kitchen, bar, or pergola.
Professional Ceramic Tile Installation
Some homeowners wonder how to install ceramic tile themselves. Actually, DIY installation isn’t a good idea with tile because it’s easy to run into leveling problems, moisture issues, and raised edges that cause accidents.
The best solution is to let our professional installers take care of things. At Great American Flooring, we’ve been making Wichita, KS homes beautiful for decades! We have a reputation for amazing work. Our team can give you a gorgeous floor that is perfectly level, durable, and safe.
The Flooring Experts in Wichita, KS
Discover how incredible your kitchen, bathroom, home office, bedroom, living room, basement, or patio can look! Be inspired by our breathtaking ceramic tile options. Visit our showroom right away.
Ready to talk tile? Call Great American Flooring. We’ll be happy to guide you to the right choices.