Our Commercial Concrete Services
Our experienced team has been performing concrete polishing and staining services in the Wichita area since 2009. We’re committed to thorough preparation, installation, and maintenance of your polished concrete floor.
The Polishing Process
Polishing concrete floors is a process that can be divided into six steps. We work carefully in each step with time-tested techniques and quality tools to create a professional finish. The scope of a commercial floor polishing process is considerably larger than a residential project, so work with our experienced team to receive efficient, effective results. Here are the polishing steps we follow to create stunning commercial floors:
- Preparation: We carefully remove any existing floor covering or debris from your concrete to prepare it for the grinding process.
- Grinding: We grind the floor to prepare it for the honing densification and polishing process.
- Densification: We apply a chemical densifier to harden, seal and dust proof the floor, which benefits the polishing process.
- Polishing: We use a commercial grinder with a progressive range of diamond tooling to create a desired sheen.
- Staining or dying, if chosen: Add a stain or dye to your floor to create an appealing or warmer look to your polished floor.
- Seal: Apply a penetration or semi topical sealer to increase stain resistance of your polished floor.
- Burnishing: Gives the final sheen and protection for your polishes concrete floor.
These steps require commercial tools and professional techniques that our team at Great American Flooring specializes in. We consult pre-project to ensure that the final product meets your desired outcome of color and gloss level.
Commercial Concrete Polishing Is Perfect for These Types of Businesses
- Schools and Universities
- Restaurants and Bars
- Automotive Dealerships
- Any business with a Showroom
- Shopping Malls
- Retail Locations
- Hardware Shops
- Warehouses of all sizes
- Shipping Centers
- Office Buildings
- Manufacturing Plants
- Medical Offices
- Sports Arenas
- Aircraft Hangers
- Automotive Repair Garage
- Auto Shops
- Fitness Gyms
- Swimming Facilities
- Outlet Malls
- Movie Theaters
- Skating Rinks
- Bowling Alleys
- Fire Stations
- Hair Salons
- Cosmetology Schools
A polished concrete floor is an impressively durable surface, but it’s not completely free of maintenance. Over time, you may notice faded areas, cracks, or other issues. Great American Flooring is your go-to maintenance team in Wichita, Kansas. Turn to our team for any repairs or decorative additions to your concrete. We can add a logo, alter the stain color, or perform other services to help you promote school pride, improve branding, or direct traffic in your facility.
Benefits of Commercial Concrete Polishing
Traditional floor covering options are typically expensive in materials and installation as well as short- and long-term maintenance. When it comes to any business or municipality, consider the following benefits of a polished floor by Great American Flooring:
- Commercial concrete polishing is a less expensive alternative to granite and marble, and eliminates pesky grout joints
- No need for waxes or coatings
- Any sheen you desire
- Lower custodial costs
- Longer life than VCT or upgraded stone tiles
- Reduced maintenance costs in high-traffic areas
- Easily maintained
- Lower total costs
- Eco friendly, as you're not adding additional materials to the existing slab